Wildlife Acoustics SM4 BAT
Contact us directly for pricing, disxcounts apply for bulk purchases!
Enquire about this product
Wildlife Acoustics SM4 BAT FS Full-Spectrum Ultrasonic Recorder is compact, lightweight, single channel bat recorder specifically for bat research. SM4BAT recorders’ innovative design includes a low-power processor, easy-to-use scheduling, and a best-in-class ultrasonic microphone.
The SM4 BAT requires the SMM-U2 Ultrasonic recorder, the BAT range doesn’t have a built-in microphone.
The SM4BAT FS records to full-spectrum WAV files. The Full-spectrum recorder allows you to record more bats with higher quality for more effective analysis, than the Zero Cross model.
The SM4BAT uses a New Generation SMM-U2 Ultrasonic Microphone (not included). The superior signal to noise ratio ensures recording of fainter bats and bat calls at greater distances. In addition, more echolocation pulses are on record, which therefore allows more accurate identification. Its waterproof design includes a built-in mounting bracket that provides a wide range of mounting options. Included is a 5-meter cable but can support cables up to 100m in length with no effect on recording quality.
The SM4BAT’s intelligent recording triggers and noise file scrubber ensure you get the maximum number of bat echolocations recorded and minimize recordings. That do not contain bat echolocations. The SMM-U2 along with the SM4BAT and its advanced trigger technology produce the cleanest and quietest recordings available.
The compact weatherproof casing got designed from the ground up around the footprint of 4 D-size batteries. Made of rugged polycarbonate. The housing is lightweight, it has an integrated mounting bracket and weatherproof security cover keep the unit safe and dry in the harshest environments.
- The SM4 BAT is ideal for Extended Deployment, the low power microprocessor and intelligent triggers, utilising 4 D size batteries. It has a recording run time up to 480 hours (e.g., 45 x 10-hour nights) depending on bat activity and other factors.
- Easy Programming
- Available GPS Accessory
For more information on the Wildlife Acoustics SM4 Bat get in contact with us today!
- Recording Format: Single-channel
- SM4BAT FS: 16-bit PCM .wav files or compressed .w4v files
- Sample Rates: Full-Spectrum, single-channel; 192kHz, 256kHz, 384kHz, 500kHz
- Run-time: Up to 480 hours (e.g. 48 10-hour nights), depending on bat activity
- NOTE: SM4BAT FS run times can vary by as much as 50% depending on the characteristics of specific brands and models of flash cards, the kind and quality of batteries used (alkaline versus rechargeable), temperature and configuration. We recommend SanDisk brand SDHC/SDXC cards.
- Power Options: Internal power using 4 D-size alkaline or rechargeable NiHM batteries External power via optional SM3/SM4 Power Cable
- Storage: 2 SDHC/SDXC flash card slots (class 4 or greater) It is recommend using SanDisk SDHC/SDXC cards.
- Dimensions Height: 8.6″ / 218 mm – Width: 6.0″ / 152 mm – Depth: 3.1″ / 78 mm
- Weight: Without batteries: 1.6 lbs/730g – With 4 D batteries: 2.9 lbs/1300g
- Enclosure Material: Polycarbonate
- Operating Temperature: -4° to 185° F / -20°C to 85°C
- Warranty : 3 years (excluding microphones, batteries, and accessories)